Going Read-Only In 6 Months

This is the main discussion and technical forum for G&L and Tribute by G&L basses. Please limit the discussion to G&L and Tribute by G&L. Simple questions regarding mods are okay, but really belong in the EBA or Paul's Technicalities.

Please; no links to other forums except as noted in the forum guidelines. Discussion of new instrument MSRP is okay, as is discussion of options pricing. However, there shall be no discussion of MAP or final negotiated pricing for new instruments. Used pricing is generally fair game.

No sales or advertisements, no matter how well veiled, are permitted - not even a pointer elsewhere.

Going Read-Only In 6 Months

Postby Ken Baker » Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:22 pm

4/10/2024:

On October 10, 2024 the BassesByLeo forum will have been up for 15 years. That's about right. And enough. On 10/10/2024 the BassesByLeo forum will go Read-Only. Forums will be locked, PMs and emailing through the board will be disabled, a few stickies and announcements will be tossed, and it'll be done. The BassesByLeo website will remain in use and I will be retaining the domains.

There is a great deal of information here that I don't want to remove or restrict access to, so the forum will remain available for now. People may wonder how long "for now" is. Let's call it, "for now", a year.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed to our little knowledge base.

Ken...
Ken Baker
Site Admin

Re: Going Read-Only In 6 Months

Postby Skyblue977 » Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:15 am

So long and thanks for all the fish Ken.
When I've needed to know something G&L, this has always been my first port of call.
Again, thanks for your efforts over the years, and thanks for keeping the site available for future reference.
Skyblue977

Postby rblood » Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:01 pm

Wow Ken,

Thanks so much for hosting and posting all these years. Your site has been an invaluable technical resource for all things G&L Bass.
I've always been able to find answers to issues regarding my L-2000's and esoteric things about G&L in general.
After 15 years I think you've covered all the bases for these excellent Basses.

Thanks again,
Ron Blood
rblood

Postby 1983L2000 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:59 am

Take care Ken! Thanks for keeping this forum up for so long!
1983L2000

Return to G&L Basses