Obligatory pictures. It's for pictures of YOUR G&L basses.

This is the main discussion and technical forum for G&L and Tribute by G&L basses. Please limit the discussion to G&L and Tribute by G&L. Simple questions regarding mods are okay, but really belong in the EBA or Paul's Technicalities.

Please; no links to other forums except as noted in the forum guidelines. Discussion of new instrument MSRP is okay, as is discussion of options pricing. However, there shall be no discussion of MAP or final negotiated pricing for new instruments. Used pricing is generally fair game.

No sales or advertisements, no matter how well veiled, are permitted - not even a pointer elsewhere.

Obligatory pictures. It's for pictures of YOUR G&L basses.

Postby Ken Baker » Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:49 am

You know the rule: No pics, no bass. It just doesn't exist until we see it here.

Please: The images you post should be images of basses that you've owned at one time or another. It's no problem if you've flipped a bass that's in here, or even if the image is of a bass you used to own. Scans from elsewhere, with permission from the copyright holder, should be in a thread of their own.

Max image size here is 1920x2500, which works very nicely inline using IMG tags and a modern display. Anything bigger will be truncated, cutting off lower-right. 1920x2500 is actually a non-standard resolution, but it allows a lot of leeway when cropping & resizing images. You just have to remember to turn off proportional resizing so that changing one dimension doesn't affect both.

Please try to keep any comments or questions in separate threads in the forum. If you really absolutely for certain HAVE to verbosely drool within the thread, please keep the truncation fairies at bay by limiting yourself to a single line.

Any slobbering on keyboards is at your own risk.

================

Apparently, Photobucket has decided to monetize your sharing of YOUR images. It isn't anything as crappy as watermarking them with ads, but they are blocking hot-linking them without a paid subscription. You can tell this because instead of displaying your image they feed this:

PB No Hotlink.png
PB No Hotlink.png (98.68 KiB) Viewed 19253 times

So what to do? As a temporary workaround, you can right-click on the warning and "View image in new tab". This is kind of a chore but it works. It might also enable the image to display properly - at least for a while. You can also edit your posts and add the images as an attachment. A better solution is to move your images over to IMGUR.COM. Either way, you'll need to edit your posts to fix the URL that points to your image, but it works and it's (so far) free.

This has been going on for a while and no one has noticed or said anything. I'm going to leave posts with these blocked images up for a while - a month or so. After that, I'm sad to say that I'll start some house cleaning and remove them. That's a LOT of images of some very nice basses, but I'd rather have these links work the way they should.

Ken...

Edited 3/17/2021
Ken Baker
Site Admin

Re: Obligatory picture thread.

Postby Kodor » Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:55 am

My brand-spankin'-new 2009 JB!
Kodor

Postby Hugh Jass » Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:46 pm

First post here now that we have been dropped by that other forum :roll:

Big thanks Ken for setting this up!

Gratuitous hardwood floor shots:

Ken Baker wrote:Your photo links were removed because they were links to a free Photobucket account and Photobucket is now disallowing hotlinking from free accounts. See here for more info.

Please consider starting a new account at Imgur.com. It's a free service and provides pre-built links for sites such as ours here.

Thanks!
Hugh Jass

Postby Ken Baker » Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:34 pm

2008 L-2500 DavePlaysBass' coil switching into an Aguilar OBP-3

2000 L-2000 Great bass, currently in Japan

2006 (or so) L-2000 fretless. no longer here.

1993 SB-2 with George Fullerton's signature

1985 El Toro from the late George Fullerton's personal collection

L5000, now gone to parts unknown

Ken...
Ken Baker
Site Admin

Postby PluckyThump » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:53 pm

My first G&L - '92 L-2000 bought new in '93:

PluckyThump

Postby MrMagu » Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:29 pm

bass pic.JPG
Meet Sunshine...my one and only.
bass pic.JPG (150.53 KiB) Viewed 29626 times
MrMagu

Postby bhunt1 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:22 pm

'81 1K fretless lefty
'83 SB2 lefty

Ken Baker wrote:Your photo links were removed because they were links to a free Photobucket account and Photobucket is now disallowing hotlinking from free accounts. See here for more info.

Please consider starting a new account at Imgur.com. It's a free service and provides pre-built links for sites such as ours here.

Thanks!
bhunt1

Postby ljazz » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:57 am

My lovely old SB1, and my killer L2K:

ljazz

Postby neepheid » Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:06 pm

Here is my Tribute L-2000:

neepheid

Postby tomd999 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:31 am

Hiya,

Here's mine. I bought it brand new back in '87. I spent about 3 hours in the store deciding between an SB1 and this SB2, I finally resorted to flipping a coin. (looking back, I should have bought both) After all these years, it's still my go-to instrument. I play it much more than any of the others, so much so it's the only bass I have had to re-fret. Currently, I have a set of Lane Poor pups wired V-T with a selector switch. (The Poor's are super clean with lower output)

Tom

tomd999

Next

Return to G&L Basses