Contact

This is the main discussion and technical forum for G&L and Tribute by G&L basses. Please limit the discussion to G&L and Tribute by G&L. Simple questions regarding mods are okay, but really belong in the EBA or Paul's Technicalities.

Please; no links to other forums except as noted in the forum guidelines. Discussion of new instrument MSRP is okay, as is discussion of options pricing. However, there shall be no discussion of MAP or final negotiated pricing for new instruments. Used pricing is generally fair game.

No sales or advertisements, no matter how well veiled, are permitted - not even a pointer elsewhere.

Contact

Postby jglunt2112 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:18 pm

Does anybody know how to contact Memo Romero at G&L? I have a bass that desperately needs a new neck and I'm ready to pay for it, but Memo is not returning my phone calls nor replying to my emails. Is G&L even working? I have been able to buy a couple parts from them in the last few months, so I assume they are. But these days, who knows? Thanks...Jim
jglunt2112

Re: Contact

Postby Ken Baker » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:44 pm

jglunt2112 wrote:Does anybody know how to contact Memo Romero at G&L? I have a bass that desperately needs a new neck and I'm ready to pay for it, but Memo is not returning my phone calls nor replying to my emails. Is G&L even working? I have been able to buy a couple parts from them in the last few months, so I assume they are. But these days, who knows? Thanks...Jim

I just asked and Memo is alive & kicking. Please try again. Or 714-897-6766 x156

Ken...
Ken Baker
Site Admin

Postby glmemo » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:52 pm

Hi Jim,
This is Memo Romero, apologies for not returning your phone call. Please call me direct ext 156 or shoot an email (repairs@glguitars.com) with the specs of the replacement neck you want, your name, return shipping address and day time phone number. Once i get your info I will provide a return authorization number and shipping instructions, I look forward to your reply and again I totally apologize for the inconvenience, have a great weekend.
glmemo

Postby jglunt2112 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:11 am

I talked to Memo (Always a joy. What a nice guy!) Everything is set up for a neck transplant on my 2007 SB-2. It is boxed up and ready to be shipped on Monday. This is very exciting. This bass was a beautiful pawn shop find, but I've had neck issues with it since day one almost 7 months ago. That's probably why it ended up in a pawn shop. It really is beautiful and deserves this transplant, so it'll be on its way to the surgical team in Fullerton in just a couple days. Thank you, Ken, for your help, and thank you Memo...Jim
jglunt2112

Return to G&L Basses