New colours?

OMG!!! Mode, that is. This is the forum for a true G&L monster, the L-1000. Simple, passive, and huge, the Wunkay speaks volumes for the G&L sound.

Wunkay Wuvers is hosted by Dukeplaysbass, a Los Angeles pro player and L-1000 expert.

No sales or advertisements, no matter how well veiled, are permitted - not even a pointer elsewhere.

Moderator: dukeplaysbass

New colours?

Postby neepheid » Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:56 am

I'm thinking about getting a new G&L CLF Research L-1000 so I've been trawling around the various guitar vendors and I stumbled upon a new colour being available - Royal Purple. Looks lush! Does anyone know if this is this a random gift to us from the factory or are they expanding the palette permanently?

neepheid

Re: New colours?

Postby Ken Baker » Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:10 pm

Royal Purple Metallic has been a standard color for a while, though I don't know how long. Maybe call it a long while? Anyway, it's here now as a standard color. How long it remains is kind of at the whim of G&L, and they have been known to add/delete colors at the drop of a hat.

Ken...
Ken Baker
Site Admin

Postby neepheid » Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:14 am

Thanks Ken, I see that they've just updated the official L-1000 page and have added the following text:

Royal Purple over Basswood with Caribbean Rosewood fingerboard
Blueburst over Swamp Ash with maple fingerboard

No pics yet but the fact that they've published the text would suggest that these colours will be sticking around for a while. Mmm, blueburst too. My first G&L (Tribute L-2000) was a blueburst...

What I think I've established that this is probably not a limited run and I don't need to find some money now now now.
neepheid

Postby neepheid » Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:28 am

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but it's 100% suited to what I have to say. I was googling around (still sniffing around CLF L-1000s) and I found this:

https://www.sound-service.eu/g-l-clf-l- ... asswood-cr

Macha Green, and maybe other new colours coming soon? I was going to say that I was a little concerned that CLF Research models were being wound down, stock is very low here in the UK and retailers are discounting the remaining ones. Then I find that link for a previously unused colour. I'm very confused :?
neepheid

Postby Ken Baker » Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:37 am

Wish I had an inside track, but I don't. We'll all find out together.

Ken...
Ken Baker
Site Admin

Return to Wunkay Wuvers