Not Much Talk About The Kiloton

This is the main discussion and technical forum for G&L and Tribute by G&L basses. Please limit the discussion to G&L and Tribute by G&L.

No sales or advertisements, no matter how well veiled, are permitted - not even a pointer elsewhere.

Not Much Talk About The Kiloton

Postby soulman969 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:34 pm

Just picked one up a couple of weeks ago and I was curious about other members impressions of them. Can I get come feedback?
soulman969

Re: Not Much Talk About The Kiloton

Postby Ken Baker » Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:19 pm

It's been pretty quiet here lately - the usual summer slowdown.

The reception for the Kiloton has been really good, but that's just me telling you about what I've been reading.

Anyway, hang in and (hopefully) someone will chime in before the fall equinox.

Ken...
Ken Baker
Site Admin

Postby asat77 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:01 am

What is your first impression of the Kiloton?
asat77

Postby soulman969 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:28 am

Very interesting tonally. Quite different from my L2500 and mid focused nearly to an extreme. Can get a little "boxy" and "nasally" without some EQ adjustments outside of the range I'd typically make with other basses and pickups. But those mids could blast a hole through a brick wall. Very punchy and I like the 3-way switching. Kinda of a P/J Bass slotting to my ears.

I'm still working through some different string selections and learning a little more about it's basic voicing and the electronics. I tend to be a tinkerer not so much because I'm unhappy with something as I am about learning it's tonal envelope. So I'm willing to experiment with some reversible modifications just to see what effect they have. Nothing major, just tweaks.

So I thought I'd post and get other perspectives and experience to add to my own knowledge and this looks like the right place to do that.
soulman969

Postby soulman969 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:29 am

Ken Baker wrote:It's been pretty quiet here lately - the usual summer slowdown.

The reception for the Kiloton has been really good, but that's just me telling you about what I've been reading.

Anyway, hang in and (hopefully) someone will chime in before the fall equinox.

Ken...

Thanks Ken.....much appreciated.
soulman969

Return to G&L Basses