M2000 GTS replacement neck

This is the main discussion and technical forum for G&L and Tribute by G&L basses. Please limit the discussion to G&L and Tribute by G&L.

No sales or advertisements, no matter how well veiled, are permitted - not even a pointer elsewhere.

M2000 GTS replacement neck

Postby boomer » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:37 am

Hi all

I have an M2000 GTS but with an L2000 maple neck. Apparently there were some issues with some original M2000 GTS necks, and a UK distie changed the one I bought used (and has confirmed they did it). I am wondering where I can get an original M2000 GTS neck in the UK as, whilst I find the L2000 neck comfortable, it's very wide compared to my Jazz. I have emailed G&L direct but no one bothers to reply, which gets on my wick a bit.

Any help or advice appreciated. Thanks.
boomer

Re: M2000 GTS replacement neck

Postby Ken Baker » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:42 pm

boomer wrote:I have an M2000 GTS but with an L2000 maple neck. Apparently there were some issues with some original M2000 GTS necks, and a UK distie changed the one I bought used (and has confirmed they did it). I am wondering where I can get an original M2000 GTS neck in the UK as, whilst I find the L2000 neck comfortable, it's very wide compared to my Jazz. I have emailed G&L direct but no one bothers to reply, which gets on my wick a bit.

Your best bet will be to contact the UK distributor:

DIST-X a division of Blackstar Amplification Ltd
Beckett House, 14 Billing Road
Northampton NN1 5AW
United Kingdom
Tel: +44 (0)1604 817817

One problem you'll likely run into is that the Tribute M2000 GTS is no longer in production and it is very unlikely that there will be any necks available that are specifically for that bass. Sorry, but limited availability and options are a couple of the things that keep Tribute prices so low.

Because the Tribute necks and USA necks are built using the same CNC scripts (just in different parts of the world), they generally interchange well. Perhaps the UK distributor can order you a USA neck with the dimensions you're after. Options are here.

You can also keep a watch on the Online Store. They occasionally have bass necks available.

Ken...
Ken Baker
Site Admin

Re: M2000 GTS replacement neck

Postby boomer » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:38 am

Hi Ken

Great advice - thanks.
boomer

Return to G&L Basses