JB-2 remake or creation?

You mean there are other basses? :D This is where those discussions go.

No sales or advertisements, no matter how well veiled, are permitted - not even a pointer elsewhere.

JB-2 remake or creation?

Postby Mystic_Fog » Tue May 23, 2017 12:11 am

Hi

I'm looking for a classic Jazz bass. I have a legacy stratocaster who i love. And i would like to get equivalent bass. I have been collecting a lot of information but i don't sure yet. So my question is, if you want a classic jazz bass sound 60's, but upgraded Is that a good option?. In the case of legacy it's a classic stratocaster with some upgrades and more variety of tones, is it the same in JB-2?(forgetting the different body design) Or it's another kind of bass?.I want an alive and resonant classic jazz bass sound.

Thanks you :)

(Sorry about my poor english)
Mystic_Fog

Re: JB-2 remake or creation?

Postby Ken Baker » Tue May 23, 2017 7:51 am

Welcome!
Mystic_Fog wrote:I'm looking for a classic Jazz bass. I have a legacy stratocaster who i love. And i would like to get equivalent bass. I have been collecting a lot of information but i don't sure yet. So my question is, if you want a classic jazz bass sound 60's, but upgraded Is that a good option?. In the case of legacy it's a classic stratocaster with some upgrades and more variety of tones, is it the same in JB-2?(forgetting the different body design) Or it's another kind of bass?.I want an alive and resonant classic jazz bass sound.

The pickups in both the JB-2 and JB are modeled after the Jazz pickups of the 60s and their electronics use a Jazz circuit. If you're after a more classic Jazz sound, the JB will get you very close. Its shape and construction are very close to that of a Jazz Bass, whereas the JB-2's shape and construction are quite different. Regarding the JB, the bridge will be the main difference compared to a Jazz. The G&L will sustain better and have a more lively sound.

It's important to remember that while the JB will be able to closely approximate the Jazz Bass sound, it will not copy the sound. If you want a true Jazz Bass sound, get a real Jazz Bass.

Ken...
Ken Baker
Site Admin

Postby bigtone23 » Wed May 24, 2017 11:22 am

If you like the classic Jazz Bass thing, the JB is a solid choice. I would say that you could play several Fender Jazzes and the JB is no different than the variances you find in the Fenders. It's a modernized, classic J. Many have put a high mass bridge on a J and get pretty much what the JB is out of the box. The JB is in the same wheelhouse of the last generation of Fender American Standard Jazz basses: 60s sounding pickups, high mass bridge and pretty much the classic body and neck shape with a flatter radius and medium jumbo frets.

The JB2 may have some construction differences, but I'm sure that in the mix or eyes closed, one would hear a J bass.
bigtone23

Postby Mystic_Fog » Wed May 24, 2017 11:27 pm

Thanks you very much!! It's I wanted to know. :D

And my last question, could you get a similar sound if you adds the single coil mod in L-2000?
Or it will sound like a l2000 brighter?
Mystic_Fog

Postby Ken Baker » Thu May 25, 2017 1:12 am

Mystic_Fog wrote:And my last question, could you get a similar sound if you adds the single coil mod in L-2000?

Nope. :mrgreen:

Or it will sound like a l2000 brighter?

I wouldn't say brighter. Less humbucker-y.

Ken...
Ken Baker
Site Admin

Return to The Others