Preamp for L2000?

Bass mods, tweaks, and the like are home in here. Got an Evil Experiment to share? Pull up a keyboard and have at it!

The EBA is hosted by deltafred, a UK based pro player and electronics guru.

No sales or advertisements, no matter how well veiled, are permitted - not even a pointer elsewhere.

Moderator: deltafred

Re: Preamp for L2000?

Postby daveplaysbass » Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:48 pm

Mr. Mom wrote:What I don't like about the Aggie pre....And this is kind of a big deal to me....Is that turn the Blend juuust past halfway (indent) and you're about 80-90% of the way towards the bridge pickup, blend-wise. Turning it the rest of the way does very little tone-wise. It's kind of hard for me to find that sweet spot. Other Blends on active pre's I've had are far more consistent and intuitive.

I would guess the blend pot used is a 500K blend. In my experience with jazz basses, 250K blends have more blend to them than 500K blends. 500K blends are more of a binary on / off with a pretty small blend range relative to 250K blends. Per some circuit simulations I did years ago, the 250K blend is more of a full range blend as I recall. I will see if I can get a blend simulation thrown together in my latest simulation software.
daveplaysbass

Previous

Return to The Experimental Bass Association