Need your opinion.

You mean there are other basses? :D This is where those discussions go.

No sales or advertisements, no matter how well veiled, are permitted - not even a pointer elsewhere.

Need your opinion.

Postby treblemouth » Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:06 pm

Hi there,

I have L2500 TRibute rosewood neck and Mesa Boogie M3 Carbine head. I really satisfied with my current tribby axe and planning to add Mesa Boogie Powerhouse 610 to my rig since i only have a small amp for practice.

BUT. Im in confused because in my head just now is to get L2500 USA with birdseye maple neck because i prefer birdseye maple neck actually.

So, what shoul i do now?

1. Go change my tribby neck to birdseye maple neck? (since the tribby and USA is slightly different) Or

2. Forget about mesa cab and Buy L2500 USA birdseye maple neck? Or

3. Stay with my current axe and buy mesa cab (since I satisfied with my tribby)

Thank you so much and have a very pleasent day.
treblemouth

Re: Need your opinion.

Postby Ken Baker » Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:31 pm

treblemouth wrote:Hi there,

I have L2500 TRibute rosewood neck and Mesa Boogie M3 Carbine head. I really satisfied with my current tribby axe and planning to add Mesa Boogie Powerhouse 610 to my rig since i only have a small amp for practice.

BUT. Im in confused because in my head just now is to get L2500 USA with birdseye maple neck because i prefer birdseye maple neck actually.

So, what shoul i do now?

GAS is a terrible thing, ain't it? :mrgreen:

Do you have a cab to go with that Mesa head, or do you really need the 610 right away? It all kinda depends on what you need and how soon.

1. Go change my tribby neck to birdseye maple neck? (since the tribby and USA is slightly different) Or

2. Forget about mesa cab and Buy L2500 USA birdseye maple neck? Or

3. Stay with my current axe and buy mesa cab (since I satisfied with my tribby)

I assume you mean a birdseye maple fingerboard rather than a whole neck.

#1 would probably be do-able as long as your Tribute is fairly new and G&L has a neck to sell you. You'd need to contact them to see what's available. A standard neck is a WHOLE LOT more likely than a pimped out birdeye.

#2 is good if you're funded. You also have lots of options to choose from.

If you need to cab for a gig, then set your priorities and go with #3. The cab will get you loud and your current bass will cover your needs very well until you get the fundage for a USA G&L.

Ken...
Ken Baker
Site Admin

Postby treblemouth » Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:02 am

Thanks for your reply ken.

At the moment i don't have any cab to go with my Mesa head. Hard to decide since I had a GAS infection :mrgreen:

Mmmmmmmmm...
treblemouth

Postby Chris » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:40 am

If you buy another bass then you'll have 2 basses, a head, and no cab. That doesn't sound very logical.

Another option is to try to trade your L-2500 Tribute (or just the neck) to someone with one with a maple fingerboard. The classifieds section here doesn't get a lot of traffic, but you might have some luck over on Talkbass.com.

PS: why is this posted in The Others forum when it's about a G&L bass?
Chris

Postby Ken Baker » Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:53 am

Chris wrote:PS: why is this posted in The Others forum when it's about a G&L bass?

Probably because that's just where it ended up. It could really go pretty much anywhere except the sales forums. You want I should move it to The Cave?

Ken...
Ken Baker
Site Admin

Postby treblemouth » Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:47 pm

Thanks guys for your reply.

Well, I`ve made up my mind. I`ve decided to buy that Mesa 610. Then I`m going to replace my current Tribute`s neck to birdseye maple whole neck. It will take time to order cause I lived in Malaysia. But that is okay for me cause my priority is on that Mesa cab. ;)

So thanks guys for you help and advices. Have a nice day :)
treblemouth

Postby Ken Baker » Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:58 pm

Good enough!

Best of luck to you getting all the pieces in place. Please let us know how it turns out.

Ken...
Ken Baker
Site Admin

Postby jakehobby » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:21 pm

A luthier makes this operation for me! ^^
jakehobby

Return to The Others