Odd P-Bass?

You mean there are other basses? :D This is where those discussions go.

No sales or advertisements, no matter how well veiled, are permitted - not even a pointer elsewhere.

Odd P-Bass?

Postby reformedrummer » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:20 pm

Has anyone seen a bass like this before? Frankenstein-bass or regular production? The soapbar humbucker looks like the one on the Deluxe P-Bass a few years back. The metal control panel resembles the old-fashioned P-Bass controls. The body and the neck look very much like Fender P-Bass. No pickguard, with control access panel on the back- not typical but examples like Aerodyne etc. The bridge is the only part that does not look like Fender. ImageImage
reformedrummer

Re: Odd P-Bass?

Postby bdgotoh » Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:41 pm

Looks like a Big Block Precision:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/bass/fen ... ass-guitar

I hope it's ok to post that link Ken, they don't carry it anymore and I couldn't find it on Fender's site.
bdgotoh

Postby reformedrummer » Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:19 pm

Thanks!
reformedrummer

Postby TDR1138 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:07 am

If you're looking at a used one, just to reference the price point, I think the street price on those was in the same ballpark as the MIM Deluxe series Precisions, as I believe it was a part of that line. I also don't think they were around for too long or sold too well. They made a Strat version as well.
TDR1138

Postby Ken Baker » Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:45 pm

bdgotoh wrote:Looks like a Big Block Precision:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/bass/fen ... ass-guitar

I hope it's ok to post that link Ken, they don't carry it anymore and I couldn't find it on Fender's site.

I'm easy.

I've got WAY more important stuff to get my knickers in a knot over.

Ken...
Ken Baker
Site Admin

Postby reformedrummer » Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:08 am

TDR1138 wrote:If you're looking at a used one, just to reference the price point, I think the street price on those was in the same ballpark as the MIM Deluxe series Precisions, as I believe it was a part of that line. I also don't think they were around for too long or sold too well. They made a Strat version as well.

Thank you. Most helpful. -JB
reformedrummer

Postby bscur » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:58 pm

Those inlays are sharp.
bscur

Postby bigtone23 » Wed May 24, 2017 11:06 am

These are pretty cool basses. It's a nod to the Stingray for sure with the pickup right in the SR sweet spot and an active 2 band pre.
I have a similar Ibanez (RB920) that uses a double J pickup in the same spot, connected to a Parallel/series/split 3-way switch. I toy with the idea of adding a Duncan Blackouts 2 band concentric pre to it.
bigtone23

Return to The Others