SB1 WIRING DIAGRAM

This is the main discussion and technical forum for G&L and Tribute by G&L basses. Please limit the discussion to G&L and Tribute by G&L. Simple questions regarding mods are okay, but really belong in the EBA or Paul's Technicalities.

Please; no links to other forums except as noted in the forum guidelines. Discussion of new instrument MSRP is okay, as is discussion of options pricing. However, there shall be no discussion of MAP or final negotiated pricing for new instruments. Used pricing is generally fair game.

No sales or advertisements, no matter how well veiled, are permitted - not even a pointer elsewhere.

Re: SB1 WIRING DIAGRAM

Postby scottsax » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:52 pm

I appreciate your time on the diagram Ken.Also,interesting to see the explanations.Thanks,Scott
scottsax

Postby OrganMeat » Sun Dec 17, 2023 2:51 pm

Ken Baker wrote:Pots are 250K audio taper
Cap is 0.1mfd
Resistor on tone pot is 6.8K, 1/4W

Click the image for a PDF version.

Sorry to resurrect such an old thread. I have read this carefully because I have an LB-100 Tribute with an SB-1 pickup installed. But looking at this diagram, there is no ground from the tone pot to... anywhere, actually. I guess if there is shielding installed inside the cavity, there could be ground continuity. But that's not typically how things are done from what I can tell. Should there be a ground wire from tone pot to volume pot, or alternatively from tone pot to bridge?
OrganMeat

Postby Ken Baker » Sun Dec 17, 2023 5:46 pm

In the case of this circuit, ground for the tone pot is through the 6.8KΩ resistor and shielding. The underside of the pickguard should have aluminum shielding stuck on that provides shielding and a common ground point through the pots' cases.

I'll guess that the next question is, "Why?", and for that I don't have an answer except to say that Leo was thrifty.

Ken...
Ken Baker
Site Admin

Previous

Return to G&L Basses