A Test Message ind news about my L2500

This is the main discussion and technical forum for G&L and Tribute by G&L basses. Please limit the discussion to G&L and Tribute by G&L. Simple questions regarding mods are okay, but really belong in the EBA or Paul's Technicalities.

Please; no links to other forums except as noted in the forum guidelines. Discussion of new instrument MSRP is okay, as is discussion of options pricing. However, there shall be no discussion of MAP or final negotiated pricing for new instruments. Used pricing is generally fair game.

No sales or advertisements, no matter how well veiled, are permitted - not even a pointer elsewhere.

A Test Message ind news about my L2500

Postby jglunt2112 » Thu Jul 13, 2023 1:43 pm

This message is mainly a test to see if I can place a post here. Every time I've wanted to post for the past few years, I've had to use my phone as a mobile hotspot because my regular ISP and this site don't play well together. I've made some adjustments, so lets see if this works.

I'm loving the single coil mod I did on my L2500. Using push/pull switches on my volume and treble pots, I was able to set up each pickup to be used individually in single coil, so I can get single coil on both or either/or. It really is working flawlessly. It's my understanding that with the K-Mod, both pickups are switched into single coil at the same time. Interestingly, the position I like the most is with the neck pickup on humbucker mode (Volume pot in) and the bridge pickup in single coil mode (volume pot out).

It's nearly the middle of July and the forum has been completely quiet. Maybe this post will tell me the change I made on my internet worked and at the same time will generate at least a small discussion.
jglunt2112

Re: A Test Message ind news about my L2500

Postby Ken Baker » Thu Jul 13, 2023 8:23 pm

jglunt2112 wrote:This message is mainly a test to see if I can place a post here. Every time I've wanted to post for the past few years, I've had to use my phone as a mobile hotspot because my regular ISP and this site don't play well together. I've made some adjustments, so lets see if this works.

It works! Yea.

What wasn't working? Neither BassesByLeo nor our host are doing anything untoward. We've also been on the encrypted bandwagon (https) for quite a while.

Interestingly, the position I like the most is with the neck pickup on humbucker mode (Volume pot in) and the bridge pickup in single coil mode (volume pot out).

H-S mode. Kind like a current gen SB-2. Except it's got that big ol' soapbar.

It's nearly the middle of July and the forum has been completely quiet. Maybe this post will tell me the change I made on my internet worked and at the same time will generate at least a small discussion.

Has been pretty quiet. Kinda normal (summer), but still quiet.

Ken...
Ken Baker
Site Admin

Postby jglunt2112 » Fri Jul 14, 2023 12:16 pm

Thanks for the reply, Ken. I was a little surprised by the position that works best for me on my L2500. I thought I'd prefer the opposite--single coil on the neck pickup and humbucker on the bridge. However, that was not the case. And as Duke Ellington is reputed to have said, "If it sounds good, it is good."

Basses by Leo is not the only website that I've had problems with concerning my ISP, though mostly it's OK. It has something to do with the security protocols my ISP uses. I'm all for internet security, but I've never had this kind of problem anywhere else I've lived. We only have one ISP available in this podunk little town, and considering everything, they do a decent job. It is not Basses by Leo that has the issue. It's on my end. It's just the result of living where I live. It's not the end of the earth, but I can see it out my back window.
jglunt2112

Postby Ricky Rioli » Tue Jul 18, 2023 5:26 am

I'm having trouble shaking off the daydream of using a L-2000 to make a Jazz Bass.

Starting afresh with the electronics: Vol, Vol, Tone

For each pickup, a switch that chooses either one single coil or the other.

So you've a two single-coil arrangement, with the possibility of "moving" the neck pickup back, or "moving" the bridge pickup forward.

Then string with GHS Pressurewounds, or Fender flats. Or La Bellas.

It's a daft idea, but I like it.
Ricky Rioli

Return to G&L Basses