MIJ Premium nut width

This is the main discussion and technical forum for G&L and Tribute by G&L basses. Please limit the discussion to G&L and Tribute by G&L. Simple questions regarding mods are okay, but really belong in the EBA or Paul's Technicalities.

Please; no links to other forums except as noted in the forum guidelines. Discussion of new instrument MSRP is okay, as is discussion of options pricing. However, there shall be no discussion of MAP or final negotiated pricing for new instruments. Used pricing is generally fair game.

No sales or advertisements, no matter how well veiled, are permitted - not even a pointer elsewhere.

MIJ Premium nut width

Postby Bemo9 » Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:37 pm

Hello, after searching for used L2k's I saw all the ones listed for auction from Japan. The reading I did indicated the MIJ Premium models have slightly different specs than the Indonesian made Tribute L2K's. I wasn't successful finding out nut width in the searches I did so decided to contact one of the Japanese sellers and ask. Surprisingly I got a quick reply that the nut width is 39mm. Can anyone validate this? While I'm far from ready to take the plunge, I love the idea of a more J-bass type neck over the P-bass specs on the Indonesian L2k.
Bemo9

Re: MIJ Premium nut width

Postby Bemo9 » Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:41 pm

FYI another Japanese seller got back to me and said the width at the nut is the typical 38mm jazz bass spec. Hope this helps someone. Really wish we could get Tribbies in this country with that option.
Bemo9

Return to G&L Basses