Japanese Tribs

This is the main discussion and technical forum for G&L and Tribute by G&L basses. Please limit the discussion to G&L and Tribute by G&L.

No sales or advertisements, no matter how well veiled, are permitted - not even a pointer elsewhere.

Japanese Tribs

Postby jfh4242 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:42 pm

Hello all!

Was just perusing around the net, looking at tribs. Saw several Japanese tribs. Is there anything special about these? I notice that they are a lot more expensive than the Indos. Thx!

John
jfh4242
Global Mod

Re: Japanese Tribs

Postby bdgotoh » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:47 pm

Never seen one in person, they look like 90's USA G&Ls but have skunk stripes on the back of the necks, that's how I tell them apart from everything else.
bdgotoh

Re: Japanese Tribs

Postby jfh4242 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:43 am

Yup, they come in with some pretty wild finishes too. I've seen some silver metal flakes, some painted headstocks...I guess they are made there, so they don't have the same color options as the Indos.

Interesting that the Japanese seem to make only Tributes. They don't make a second line, something that is closer to the USA line.

I'm primarily interested in construction and feel though. I wonder how different they are from the Indos. I guess we would need to hear from someone who has both Indos and Japanese. And I've never heard of someone actually owning a Japanese Tribute on the net boards. I guess the high price just makes it difficult to take the plunge.

John
jfh4242
Global Mod

Return to G&L Basses