Washer size for 1992 SB-1 truss rod nut

This is the main discussion and technical forum for G&L and Tribute by G&L basses. Please limit the discussion to G&L and Tribute by G&L.

No sales or advertisements, no matter how well veiled, are permitted - not even a pointer elsewhere.

Washer size for 1992 SB-1 truss rod nut

Postby Epoxo57 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:13 am

Hi all!
Just acquired a beautiful SB-1 (pics to follow later) and the neck and bass are stamped 1992 with the 3-bolt. Have read numerous things about adding a washer or two to give some more truss rod adjustment. Never done before but I am somewhat experienced with set-ups. Anybody have an idea what washer size it is? Not afraid to go hardware store hunting but thought I would ask first :D

Thanks!
Scott
Epoxo57

Re: Washer size for 1992 SB-1 truss rod nut

Postby TDR1138 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:37 am

I found some a while back, and unfortunately don't remember the correct size. But I did have to take the truss rod nut off the instrument and take it down to the hardware store. I recall it being a little tricky to find one where both the thread diameter and the outer diameter matched. Best of luck!
TDR1138

Re: Washer size for 1992 SB-1 truss rod nut

Postby Epoxo57 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:02 am

Thanks! I found something at work that did the trick but I jumped the gun and installed it without measuring it first to share :roll:

Unfortunately, after truss rod and micro-tilt adjustments, I cannot get the action where I want it compared to my other basses I set-up myself so I am returning the bass to GC Not the first G&L I have struggled with this for some reason. On the plus side, I did like the MFD split-coil and have one on its way to install in my P bass!
Epoxo57

Return to G&L Basses