G&L brand gig bags

This is the main discussion and technical forum for G&L and Tribute by G&L basses. Please limit the discussion to G&L and Tribute by G&L.

No sales or advertisements, no matter how well veiled, are permitted - not even a pointer elsewhere.

G&L brand gig bags

Postby mytilini » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:10 am

Hi everyone,

I'm located across the pond in the United Kingdom. I was interested to see after the recent NAMM show, that 2019-issue Fullerton Standard basses are being shipped with a G&L branded gig bag...at least in the U.S. Does anyone know if they're shipping to the U.K. with those gig bags as well please? Also, if so, can we buy them separately directly from G&L? I've been after a branded gig bag since I got my 2004 Tribute L-2000; sadly, I believe the new gig bags are not like those gorgeous grey-stripe ones of the past - see below for comparison...
2019 Fullerton Standard - Top.jpg
2019 Fullerton Standard - Top.jpg (205.96 KiB) Viewed 1643 times

Grey Stripe - Top.jpg
Grey Stripe - Top.jpg (209.78 KiB) Viewed 1643 times

Grey Stripe - Sidewall.jpg
Grey Stripe - Sidewall.jpg (251.14 KiB) Viewed 1643 times

The final photo shows the sidewall of the old model, which seems much stronger than the "crimped"-type edge of the apparent new one. Does anyone have a picture of the 2019 version unzipped and opened up, so we can see how well padded it is, strength, fitting, etc.

Thanks in advance for any advice...
Best regards from the sunny U.K. ...?!?
mytilini

Re: G&L brand gig bags

Postby Ken Baker » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:31 am

I have asked, so check back here in a day or so.

Thanks!

Ken...
Ken Baker
Site Admin

Postby mytilini » Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:47 am

Ken Baker wrote:I have asked, so check back here in a day or so.

Thanks!

Ken...

Thanks for that Ken, appreciate it,

Regards, Mark.
mytilini

Postby Ken Baker » Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:22 pm

Hey, Mark! Here's the skinny:

The Fullerton Standard basses will ship everywhere in the world with a gigbag.

The bags will be available from the online store for (probably) around $50.00 US. They won't be quite as thick or cool as the old Tribute bags, but they'll be available. I don't have a time frame for when they'll appear on the site.

Ken...
Ken Baker
Site Admin

Postby TDR1138 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:16 am

The old bags were nice. I had one that looked like the one below. Had the firm sides. Foolishly got talked out of it when trading away a Jazz bass...

G&L Gig Bag.jpg
G&L Gig Bag.jpg (19.76 KiB) Viewed 1587 times
TDR1138

Postby mytilini » Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:08 pm

Ken Baker wrote:Hey, Mark! Here's the skinny:

The Fullerton Standard basses will ship everywhere in the world with a gigbag.

The bags will be available from the online store for (probably) around $50.00 US. They won't be quite as thick or cool as the old Tribute bags, but they'll be available. I don't have a time frame for when they'll appear on the site.

Ken...

Hi Ken - thanks for the update. So they'll be available worldwide too I guess? Still a shame they didn't re-do the grey-stripe!!! I'm afraid to say best this would seem to be is a dust cover for home! Transfer your pride and joy into a proper protective bag / case when venturing out in the real world, lol! Cheers, Mark.
mytilini

Postby mytilini » Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:12 pm

TDR1138 wrote:The old bags were nice. I had one that looked like the one below. Had the firm sides. Foolishly got talked out of it when trading away a Jazz bass...

G&L Gig Bag.jpg

Hi...I bet you're sick you let that one go....it's a shame we've gotta look elsewhere nowadays for decent travelling protection for our basses..... :oops:
mytilini

Postby TDR1138 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:32 am

mytilini wrote:Hi...I bet you're sick you let that one go....it's a shame we've gotta look elsewhere nowadays for decent travelling protection for our basses..... :oops:

Yeah, it was one of the nicer gig bags I've had. But at the time I didn't think much of letting it go because everything else I had at the time had a hard case, so I didn't need an extra gig bag sitting around. I would have easily kept it over any other gig bag that I've had in the past.
TDR1138

Postby RocketMusic » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:23 am

I love the Mono Vertigo these days, but it's not cheap. But I have ZERO worries about my bass when it's in one.
Greg Bump
Owner, Rocket Music
RocketMusic

Postby mytilini » Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:30 am

RocketMusic wrote:I love the Mono Vertigo these days, but it's not cheap. But I have ZERO worries about my bass when it's in one.

Agree those are very nice, but they're over £200 Sterling here in Britain (about US $265...?!) - still find that a little bit pricey for my tastes!!! I use Hiscox Liteflite ABS cases for J-shaped basses and Warwick RockCase foam pod rectangular zip-up cases for eveything else...
mytilini

Next

Return to G&L Basses