Bass Order

This is the main discussion and technical forum for G&L and Tribute by G&L basses. Please limit the discussion to G&L and Tribute by G&L.

No sales or advertisements, no matter how well veiled, are permitted - not even a pointer elsewhere.

Bass Order

Postby Bassmancory » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:15 pm

I ordered a new bass and I was just wondering if anyone knows any way to find out how soon its going to be done? Im so impatient!! I want it now!!
Bassmancory

Re: Bass Order

Postby Ken Baker » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:10 pm

Sorry to say, but we can't help with that here. You'll need to contact the selling dealer to get an estimated time of delivery.

I do understand the impatience - not fun. But think of the fun when you get it!

BTW - what kind of new shiny did you order?

Ken...
Ken Baker
Site Admin

Postby Ref13 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:50 pm

Placed an order myself this past weekend for a Custom Shop SB-2, my store indicated it would be 3 months (give or take) for build / delivery. I'd guess you're looking at about the same amount of time.
Ref13

Postby Ken Baker » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:28 pm

Every so often an order gets placed for a certain model just as G&L is doing a run on that model. Fast delivery, but it's the luck of the draw.

Ken...
Ken Baker
Site Admin

Postby Bassmancory » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:13 pm

My dealer said that someone ordered a bass and it came with in 4 weeks! Im hopeful!!
Bassmancory

Postby TboneBass » Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:49 pm

I ordered an L2000 back in Oct and am still waiting on it. Dealer was told by G&L they had a machine issue as well as a problem sourcing ebony. I assume dealer volume also is playing into it. Hopefully yours gets finished quicker.
TboneBass

Postby Ken Baker » Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:52 pm

TboneBass wrote:I ordered an L2000 back in Oct and am still waiting on it. Dealer was told by G&L they had a machine issue as well as a problem sourcing ebony. I assume dealer volume also is playing into it. Hopefully yours gets finished quicker.

Sorry for your long wait.

Dealer volume shouldn't have anything to do with it, as the money has flowed to get the order rolling.

Ken...
Ken Baker
Site Admin

Postby TboneBass » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:32 pm

So mine finally arrived . If I read the threads correctly no bass exists until there is photographic proof thus attached said proof

Delayed due to

1) Equipment issue put them behind

2) Delay in sourcing Ebony for neck

3) They did not like how the flame top came out so they reworked it twice - great QC standard.

Plays and sounds great , well worth the wait

Click for Pic!

Edited your post so that the image is available as a regular link. Google makes it pretty tough to direct link to a file. Ken...
TboneBass

Postby Bassmancory » Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:06 pm

Dude yours looks awesome!! Congrats! Im still waiting for mine. I don't think I've been waiting as long as you but it does feel like forever! My dealer told me it would take 4 to 6 weeks for mine and now I'm at the 9 week mark. Hopefully soon!!
Bassmancory

Postby RocketMusic » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:16 am

I think the introduction of the Fullerton Standard and Fullerton Deluxe products must have strained the factory a little bit. They announced those at Winter NAMM in January, and I'm sure they wanted to have them available for immediate shipment. I've noticed quite a few of my orders taking longer than usual here in the first part of this year, but things have recently started to shake loose. So hopefully they're catching up and you'll see yours very soon!
Greg Bump
Owner, Rocket Music
RocketMusic

Return to G&L Basses