Tribute Intonation Screws

This is the main discussion and technical forum for G&L and Tribute by G&L basses. Please limit the discussion to G&L and Tribute by G&L.

No sales or advertisements, no matter how well veiled, are permitted - not even a pointer elsewhere.

Tribute Intonation Screws

Postby wango55 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:21 am

Hi All -

I just bought a used Tribute SB2 (Indonesian Made - I think it's a 2013 based on serial number) that happens to be missing the intonation screw and spring for the low E. The saddle lock screw is there, and it works - so it's not an issue at the moment, but I would like to get a replacement. I researched and ordered 8-32 fillster head screws, but those appear to be the wrong thread for tributes - probably since they're supposed to be metric. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement intonation screw and spring for a tribute? Are they common screws that would be found in Home Depot?

Thanks for your help!
wango55

Re: Tribute Intonation Screws

Postby Ken Baker » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:02 pm

I'm guessing that it would be an M4 screw. Take one you have to the store to assure size.

Another way to go would be to order a set of new saddles from the Online Store. It's more than you need, but it would get you the parts you do need and leave you with spares.

Ken...
Ken Baker
Site Admin

Postby wango55 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:43 pm

Thanks Ken - I'll check Home Depot for some M4 screws and compare to the remaining screws. As far as springs go - can I just use Fender replacements?
wango55

Postby Ken Baker » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:53 pm

wango55 wrote:Thanks Ken - I'll check Home Depot for some M4 screws and compare to the remaining screws.

I'm thinking that allen-style cap screws, sized appropriately, should work here. Doubt that Homeless Despot will have filister head screws in SAE, let alone metric.

As far as springs go - can I just use Fender replacements?

I don't see why not. If they slip over the screws and are long enough, go for it!

Ken...
Ken Baker
Site Admin

Postby JRoos » Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:30 am

I have the same problem, well at least with the screw. I bought a used Tribute L-2000 från -99, Made In Japan, and it is missing one of the intonation screws. The spring is there so I didn't notice it at first.
What kind of screw should I be looking for? Is it in inch or metric?
Thankful for an answer.
Jörgen
JRoos

Postby Ken Baker » Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:54 am

As I mention here, I believe it's an M4 fillister head screw.

Ken...
Ken Baker
Site Admin

Return to G&L Basses