Tuning Machines

This is the main discussion and technical forum for G&L and Tribute by G&L basses. Please limit the discussion to G&L and Tribute by G&L.

No sales or advertisements, no matter how well veiled, are permitted - not even a pointer elsewhere.

Tuning Machines

Postby Jammin4Jesus » Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:44 pm

So I just bought/had ordered a new SB-2T and two of the tuning machine keys are 'wobbly'. Have contacted dealer and they are going to send me another set. Bass was built in February this year. Would these happen to be the Ping Well tuning machines?

thanks,
JFJ
Jammin4Jesus

Re: Tuning Machines

Postby Ken Baker » Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:03 pm

Jammin4Jesus wrote:So I just bought/had ordered a new SB-2T and two of the tuning machine keys are 'wobbly'. Have contacted dealer and they are going to send me another set. Bass was built in February this year. Would these happen to be the Ping Well tuning machines?

thanks,
JFJ

Unknown. They're still new enough in the supply chain that they haven't developed a reputation.

Ken...
Ken Baker
Site Admin

Re: Tuning Machines

Postby derick » Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:07 pm

Jammin4Jesus wrote:Would these happen to be the Ping Well tuning machines?

I would say that if they have the "collar" on the clover stalk, they're Pings. Photos in this thread https://www.bassesbyleo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2703

Alternately, pull one and if it says "Made In Germany" on the back, it's Schaller.
derick

Return to G&L Basses