Most Versatile of G&L’s Bass Offerings

This is the main discussion and technical forum for G&L and Tribute by G&L basses. Please limit the discussion to G&L and Tribute by G&L.

No sales or advertisements, no matter how well veiled, are permitted - not even a pointer elsewhere.

Curious as to the group’s take as to which G&L bass is the most versatile

ASAT
4%
JB (4/5)
No votes
Kiloton (4/5)
No votes
L2000/2500
96%
LB-100
No votes
M2000
No votes
MJ-4/5
No votes
SB-1
No votes
SB-2
No votes

Total votes : 23

Re: Most Versatile of G&L’s Bass Offerings

Postby Band Mom » Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:36 am

Voted for the L2K over my ASAT bass only because I ordered the additional single coil mode switch, and my ASAT bass was bought used without one. Other than that, I think that both are incredibly versatile, and I don't have an ergonomic issue with the ASAT bass. There's some minor neck dive, but I usually play with a pick and generally rest my forearm on the ASAT body, so I don't find it unwieldy or anything.
Band Mom

Re: Most Versatile of G&L’s Bass Offerings

Postby jfh4242 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:38 am

fatherska wrote:If you want to enjoy playing bass and making music, then focus not so much on the versatility of the instrument, but more on developing yourself as a bassist with your own well-chosen bass.

Could not agree more with this. At the end of the day, the relationship that you have with the bass is more important to me than the perceived advantages that could be had by switching basses. All those hours working stuff out on the number 1 bass...you can't approximate that when you switch, in my opinion.

This is especially true when playing live in situations that you can't control. I need to know I can get my tone. When there are problems (and there's always problems), I need to know that I can resolve them quickly and that's when all the experience on the number 1 makes all the difference. Plus the confidence I feel, knowing I can deliver the right sound. I know this because my number 1 and I have done that, lots of time. Yet another thing that can't be approximated when you switch.

John
jfh4242
Global Mod

Previous

Return to G&L Basses