Live! At Leo's

This is the main discussion and technical forum for G&L and Tribute by G&L basses. Please limit the discussion to G&L and Tribute by G&L. Simple questions regarding mods are okay, but really belong in the EBA or Paul's Technicalities.

Please; no links to other forums except as noted in the forum guidelines. Discussion of new instrument MSRP is okay, as is discussion of options pricing. However, there shall be no discussion of MAP or final negotiated pricing for new instruments. Used pricing is generally fair game.

No sales or advertisements, no matter how well veiled, are permitted - not even a pointer elsewhere.

Re: Live! At Leo's

Postby Ken Baker » Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:23 am

Fullerton Deluxe L-2000

Ken Baker
Site Admin

Postby Ken Baker » Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:58 am

Tribute Kiloton Fretless

https://youtu.be/CBeVAp6Q0xc

Ken Baker
Site Admin

Postby Simon C » Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:02 am

I think it's a good job they've only just released this one. I acquired a fretless 3 weeks or so ago. It was a 25th work anniversary gift from my employer and had to be under £500. There seemed to be a dearth of decent fretless basses in Western Europe at that price point. If the kiloton is under £500 and had been available in Europe it would have had me procrastinating for longer than I had already done :D . I think the Sire V7 (pictures to come) would have still won due to colour (I already have a sunburst L2000 Tribby, so counts against the Kiloton which I think is only in Sunburst) and the Sire's coated ebony fingerboard (which is in the freezer cool 8-) ).

I did check on the G&L website before ordering the Sire and, as of 4 weeks ago, there wasn't a fretless tribby on there, so it's a very recent addition to the line up. It looks great, and sounds good in the Live at Leo's clip.
Simon C

Tribute Fallout Short Scale Bass

Postby Ken Baker » Wed Jul 13, 2022 4:16 pm

Ken Baker
Site Admin

Previous

Return to G&L Basses