Strings for your G&L

This is the main discussion and technical forum for G&L and Tribute by G&L basses. Please limit the discussion to G&L and Tribute by G&L. Simple questions regarding mods are okay, but really belong in the EBA or Paul's Technicalities.

Please; no links to other forums except as noted in the forum guidelines. Discussion of new instrument MSRP is okay, as is discussion of options pricing. However, there shall be no discussion of MAP or final negotiated pricing for new instruments. Used pricing is generally fair game.

No sales or advertisements, no matter how well veiled, are permitted - not even a pointer elsewhere.

Re: Strings for your G&L

Postby soulman969 » Thu Jan 18, 2024 4:52 am

We all have our favorites based on the tonality we hear in our heads. For me GHS Pressurewounds have always sounded good with G&L's MFD pickups. Feel and tension aside which I do like as well tonally the expressiveness of the Pressurewounds seem to get the best out of the pickups and electronics regardless of which bass I've used them on; an L2500, an M2000, and a Kiloton. It may be in part due to the Alloy 52 component because I've also found GHS Brite Flats which are also Alloy 52 work well on my Kiloton as well.
soulman969

Previous

Return to G&L Basses