We are Official!

This is the main discussion and technical forum for G&L and Tribute by G&L basses. Please limit the discussion to G&L and Tribute by G&L.

No sales or advertisements, no matter how well veiled, are permitted - not even a pointer elsewhere.

We are Official!

Postby Ken Baker » Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:01 pm

Yea!!!

The forum at bassesbyleo.com (that's this joint) is now the official bass forum for G&L.

Linkage can be found here on the G&L Support page.

So let's get a few curtains hung and soundproofing on the walls.

It's Rock & Roll time!

Ken...
Ken Baker
Site Admin

Re: We are Official!

Postby Legasat » Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:34 pm

The other guys piss you off, or just trying harder to spread the word?
Legasat

Postby Kodor » Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:52 pm

w00t!
Chris <><
http://www.myspace.com/chrissistrunk
http://www.youtube.com/chrissistrunk
2005 American Series Fender J Bass
G&L Tribute L2000
SWR Basic Black (15")
Kodor

Postby Ken Baker » Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:36 pm

Gary! Welcome!

Legasat wrote:The other guys piss you off, or just trying harder to spread the word?

You mean BadAssBassPlayers? No, not at all. They're a good bunch of folks and I'm grateful for their existence.

It's not a matter of spreading the word - people will come if they choose to. When you come down to it, they'll go wherever they want. More often than not, people will go where it looks like they'll get decent help. I've tried, along with others like "spideyjg" and "Templar", to provide help to people over the years. GuitarsByLeo, the now-defunct DudePit, BadAssBassPlayers, Talkbass; if we could provide an intelligent answer we generally did. Yes, the collective knowledgebase has been at BadAssBassPlayers for a long time and I'm sure it will remain there. I'll continue posting there until/unless they fire me. Where BABP has a great number of highly experienced members, Bassesbyleo will tend to focus and support the new and/or young G&L owner. Any and all old timers are more than welcome to add to this knowledgebase, and I sincerely hope they spend some time here.

So, why bassesbyleo? The lion's share of the bassists that posted on the now-closed Talkbass forum were there because of the link from G&L's site. Most had not heard of BABP and few of them ever went over. A few days after the G&L forum closed one of the BadAsses did a quickie invite post on the TB main forum, but it scrolled off so quickly that I doubt anyone saw it. Consequently, only a couple people came over. So I moved my hosting, which needed to be done anyway (Thanks, Pete - you're right!), and built this place. I've also worked to have the support of G&L and GbL, and today is where it has all led.

So, no I'm not pissed. And yes, I'm looking for members. You joined up, so I'm successful at least once!

And a little more to the "why bassesbyleo"... I have been critical of G&L regarding a few things over the years. It's not because I'm mean spirited or because I might get my personal knickers in a knot. It has been in reaction to what I perceived to be problems. Or over something about which I strongly disagreed. It doesn't mean I don't like G&L, because I truly love the instruments and hold the company in very high regard. It's that love of the instruments and deep caring for the company that drives this. I want G&L to succeed and I want the people who play the basses to feel as good about them as I do. Look for me to continue to call 'em the way I see 'em, though I have to say that the targets are getting fewer and a Helluva lot harder to hit. That's a good thing.

Ken...
Ken Baker
Site Admin

Postby Ken Baker » Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:38 pm

Kodor wrote:w00t!

Indeed!

Thanks for the call, Chris! It's good talking with you.

Let us know if you pull the trigger on the JB.

Ken...
Ken Baker
Site Admin

Postby Purple 13 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:08 pm

Hello Ken,
The layout of the place looks great. I've got just one G&L bass, but it's a good 'un. An L2K.
Visit Fender Avenue - The G&L Roundtable http://www.fenderavenue.com/Forum/tabid/55/Default.aspx
Purple 13

Postby nolimitzbass » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:18 pm

Hello everyone. I was one of the ones that didn't get to use the now defunkt forum very long, so I sure hope this forum will be interesting and informative. Looking forward to being here for a long time. I've been playing a L-2500 for 5 years now, this is one impressive bass( USA made). Since purchasing this bass, all my others are collecting dust, lol. Thanks :D
nolimitzbass

Return to G&L Basses