Hum

This is the support forum for G&L and Tribute by G&L basses. Please limit the discussion to G&L and Tribute by G&L.

No sales or advertisements, no matter how well veiled, are permitted - not even a pointer elsewhere. Discussion of pricing of used instruments (What's It Worth?) is perfectly fine so long as it doesn't turn into a sales feeler. However, as per G&L policy, there can be no discussion of new instrument pricing. Please contact your favorite dealer and kindly keep the quote to yourself.

Re: Hum

Postby TDR1138 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:40 am

Glad you got it sorted out. Did you also jumper from the pot casing to the jack sleeve terminal? I do agree that the shielding foil looks like it could be a problem at some point (if it's not already) and would really encourage a soldered wire to make sure things were going to be reliable.
TDR1138

Re: Hum

Postby deltafred » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:10 am

TDR1138 wrote:Glad you got it sorted out. Did you also jumper from the pot casing to the jack sleeve terminal?

On my SB-2 Tribute there is very thin coax, which looks like connecting wire at first glance, from the tone pot to the jack. I suspect that this is the same on John's.
deltafred
Global Mod

Previous

Return to G&L Basses