Paul’s technicalities

We are fortunate to count Paul Gagon as a member here, so it seemed natural to give him a home to stretch out in and relax a little. Maybe exercise the grey matter and present a little history of the guitar and bass (amps too!) from his perspective as one of the eminent designers of our time.

Got questions? Great! Good questions might be, "What are the EQ mappings for the M Series preamps?" Or, "What was the thought process behind the MJ-4?" Troubleshooting questions should remain in the regular forums (he reads those too). Finally, please be mindful of how I feel about tech questions via PM or email.

Moderator: Paul Gagon

Paul’s technicalities

Postby Topographic1 » Wed May 18, 2022 11:11 pm

Hello all ! I recently purchased a 1981 G&L L1000 which overall I am happy with - I was able to polish up the frets and fretboard nicely . However , I didn’t have much luck with the tuning pegs . I tried toothpaste , F One oil , even a high dollar silverwear cleaning paste . Very little results . Any suggestions are welcome . Thanks ________________
Topographic1

Re: Paul’s technicalities

Postby Ken Baker » Thu May 19, 2022 1:58 pm

Are you asking about just the peg (that the string wraps around) or the whole tuner assembly?

Ken...
Ken Baker
Site Admin

Postby Topographic1 » Fri May 20, 2022 11:31 am

Ken Baker _The peg that you would hold while tuning the bass . Thanks for responding :)
Topographic1

Postby Ken Baker » Fri May 20, 2022 12:05 pm

Ken Baker
Site Admin

Return to Paul's Technicalities