Finish question

We are fortunate to count Paul Gagon as a member here, so it seemed natural to give him a home to stretch out in and relax a little. Maybe exercise the grey matter and present a little history of the guitar and bass (amps too!) from his perspective as one of the eminent designers of our time.

Got questions? Great! Good questions might be, "What are the EQ mappings for the M Series preamps?" Or, "What was the thought process behind the MJ-4?" Troubleshooting questions should remain in the regular forums (he reads those too). Finally, please be mindful of how I feel about tech questions via PM or email.

Moderator: Paul Gagon

Finish question

Postby jim.i » Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:32 pm

Hi Paul, not an electrical question but figured you would know the answer: what is the standard clear finish applied over natural, sunburst, etc ie non-painted bodies?
thanks
Jim
jim.i

Re: Finish question

Postby Ken Baker » Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:58 pm

The standard clearcoat is a polyurethane or polyester. Nitrocellulose lacquer is occasionally used on special editions.

Ken...
Ken Baker
Site Admin

Postby Paul Gagon » Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:03 pm

Ken Baker wrote:The standard clearcoat is a polyurethane or polyester. Nitrocellulose lacquer is occasionally used on special editions.

Ken...

Yep! Ken's right.

Paul
Paul Gagon
Sensei

Postby jim.i » Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:32 pm

Thanks gentlemen
jim.i

Return to Paul's Technicalities