L-1000 P/U pole adjustments?

OMG!!! Mode, that is. This is the forum for a true G&L monster, the L-1000. Simple, passive, and huge, the Wunkay speaks volumes for the G&L sound.

Wunkay Wuvers is hosted by Dukeplaysbass, a Los Angeles pro player and L-1000 expert.

No sales or advertisements, no matter how well veiled, are permitted - not even a pointer elsewhere.

Moderator: dukeplaysbass

L-1000 P/U pole adjustments?

Postby Macbass » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:39 pm

No matter what I do with the height adjustment, the G string is way quieter than the other three. What can I do with the adjustable poles? I have the E string side of the P/U lower then the other side... Will the Pole adjustments even out the volume coming from each string?
Macbass

Re: L-1000 P/U pole adjustments?

Postby Ken Baker » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:18 pm

Yup.

The overall pickup height can be considered a coarse adjustment. The pole pieces allow fine tuning.

Remember that you have a passive bass with cut-only controls, so dialing back treble can have this effect. So can the OMG (Bass Boost) setting. It's not really a boost, but a big treble cut.

Ken...
Ken Baker
Site Admin

Re: L-1000 P/U pole adjustments?

Postby BlushResponse » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:44 pm

Is this a slot pole or other pole screw? I have both kinds and my slot pole L1000 has a quiet D & G string.
BlushResponse

Return to Wunkay Wuvers