Welcome to Wunkay Wuvers!

OMG!!! Mode, that is. This is the forum for a true G&L monster, the L-1000. Simple, passive, and huge, the Wunkay speaks volumes for the G&L sound.

Wunkay Wuvers is hosted by Dukeplaysbass, a Los Angeles pro player and L-1000 expert.

No sales or advertisements, no matter how well veiled, are permitted - not even a pointer elsewhere.

Moderator: dukeplaysbass

Welcome to Wunkay Wuvers!

Postby dukeplaysbass » Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:10 pm

Hello everyone! This forum is for your pix, questions, unbridled adoration in regard to what is probably the very best passive bass ever made, the G&L L-1000.

For those that don't know, the term "Wunkay" comes from the shortening of L-1000 to L1K, then to just 1k, which reads "Wunkay."

The L-1000 launched G&L as Leo Fender's new company, just as his non-compete clause with MusicMan was expiring in 1980. The L-2000 came along in early 1981, and other models after that.

As for me, I'm simply a crazy fan of the L-1000. I've owned a few dozen of them over the years, and spent a lot of time learning from folks about the ins and outs of this particular model.

So what's the Owl Farm? That's my home in Los Angeles. I moved last year, and had to break down the old shop and set up anew, so you'll sometimes see me refer to the "old" and "new" Owl Farm. I didn't move far, so it's mostly a way of tracking time.

There are a few folks who have done business with me and they will sometimes comment here and elsewhere on the internet about the place. I am extremely honored to have gained a reputation as a knowledgable guy and a fair trading partner and I plan to keep it.

Thanks for taking a moment to check out this forum, and I hope you'll join the conversation!
dukeplaysbass
Wunkay Wrangler

Return to Wunkay Wuvers