Gigging the Wunkay

OMG!!! Mode, that is. This is the forum for a true G&L monster, the L-1000. Simple, passive, and huge, the Wunkay speaks volumes for the G&L sound.

Wunkay Wuvers is hosted by Dukeplaysbass, a Los Angeles pro player and L-1000 expert.

No sales or advertisements, no matter how well veiled, are permitted - not even a pointer elsewhere.

Moderator: dukeplaysbass

Re: Gigging the Wunkay

Postby TDR1138 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:47 am

Wow, this thread sure took off... :geek: Go on vacation for a week and sheesh... :ugeek:

As an aside, I have one L-2000 with the OMG mode. I have a second L-2000 with single coil switching for the inner coils (essentially the L-1000 single coil mode). So, I'm pretty much getting the gist of the Wunkay offerings. And I still want a Wunkay.
TDR1138

Re: Gigging the Wunkay

Postby derick » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:54 am

Well, sometimes a hammer can do the job as well as a swiss army knife.

Ironically, if I had known in October 1981 that the L-2000 had a passive switch, I know with certainty that I would have bought it rather than the 1K that I ordered. The 2K was very new then and a salesman told me that a battery was necessary for the L2K to function. There was no way that I was going to have a stage bass that was dependent on a stupid battery. So I became a Wunkay guy but I have no regrets.
derick

Previous

Return to Wunkay Wuvers