Leland Sklar - Music and Musings

Timely stuff you need to know.

Leland Sklar - Music and Musings

Postby Ken Baker » Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:37 pm

Lee Sklar is hunkered down like the rest of us, so he decided to put together a YouTube channel. Lot's of really great stuff in here: stories about people he's worked with over his long (and continuing) career, talking about life under the pandemic, good times, and of course playing bass. He'll play along with a tune and we can watch him do his magic on the bass. Speaking of basses, as you might imagine he has quite a collection. Signature Dingwalls, a "Lee Sklar" signature Warwick, a Hofner Beatle Bass, and the mighty FrankenBass with a pair of split EMGs and everybody else's signatures. Lot's of history here too.

I hope you enjoy this as much as I do.

Enjoy and stay safe.

Lee Sklar's YouTube channel.

BTW - This thread is open for comment. Tell us how your case of cabin fever is doing, are you practicing, etc. Kind of an open mic, if you will.

Ken...
Ken Baker
Site Admin

Re: Bass Matters In This Time of COVID-19

Postby jglunt2112 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:05 pm

In the last few months, I purchased a used Tribute L2000 and a used Fullerton SB-2. I have yet to play either one live. I guess that would be considered Bass-oriented Cabin Fever. (BoCaFe). Other than that, I've worked from home or my studio for years, so little has changed. Hope everybody else is doing great and taking advantage of all the free bass lessons on YouTube.
Jim
jglunt2112

Re: Leland Sklar In This Time of COVID-19

Postby sdloveless » Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:53 am

A while back I bought a couple of Jeff Berlin's lesson packages. Staying at home all the time has been pretty good motivation for actually working through them. This first package is mostly a review for me, but they can be quite the left hand workout.

A brand new Fullerton Deluxe LB-100 (black/maple) followed me home week before last. Now I have 2 G&L basses in the fleet. :D
sdloveless

Re: Leland Sklar - Music and Musings

Postby Ken Baker » Wed May 13, 2020 10:44 pm

Here's Lee doing a bass presentation with Steve Baily at Berklee College of Music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSS_F5Q ... b_err_woyt

Things to aspire to...
Ken Baker
Site Admin

Re: Leland Sklar - Music and Musings

Postby Ken Baker » Fri May 22, 2020 5:34 pm

In my wildest dreams I can play like this.

Doctor My Eyes starts at 9:15 if you want to skip through the musings.

Ken Baker
Site Admin

Return to Announcements