G&L Basses Forum Guidelines - Updated 1/21/2021

This is the main discussion and technical forum for G&L and Tribute by G&L basses. Please limit the discussion to G&L and Tribute by G&L. Simple questions regarding mods are okay, but really belong in the EBA or Paul's Technicalities.

Please; no links to other forums except as noted in the forum guidelines. Discussion of new instrument MSRP is okay, as is discussion of options pricing. However, there shall be no discussion of MAP or final negotiated pricing for new instruments. Used pricing is generally fair game.

No sales or advertisements, no matter how well veiled, are permitted - not even a pointer elsewhere.

G&L Basses Forum Guidelines - Updated 1/21/2021

Postby Ken Baker » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:04 pm

This is "The G&L Basses" forum and is for discussion of G&L basses. Non-mod technical posts are welcome here. Problem-reporting posts are welcome here. Minor mods are probably going to be okay, but please be aware that I may elect (in a very unscientific way) to move mod posts to The Experimental Bass Association or Paul's Technicalities. New Bass Day pictures are welcome and expected.

The rules to use here are common sense and the Golden Rule. Please treat people with respect and in a manner that you would like to be treated. If there is a post that you don't agree with, you are welcome to disagree with the post but you are not welcome to attack the post's author.

A couple years ago I came across a diagram that I had created many years ago that is posted over at TalkBass (as an attachment). That diagram had been extensively doctored and is, essentially, no longer mine even though it still carries my name. BassesByLeo will ONLY support and speak to images, drawings, diagrams, and other data that originates here and that we have direct control over. Member attachments of technical stuff will be handled on a case-by-case basis, but if said attachments started life here and have been altered by someone who is not a member here please don't count on anything from me but simple commentary.

Kindly do not link in posts from other forums. If you want to copy & paste info - no problem. BassesByLeo members deserve to see original information; not just a quick "Go here to get this". The only exception that I may make to this would be if such a link is a supportive piece of a detailed post here. If you post something that is little more than a link to another forum, regardless of what it is or where it points, don't be surprised if it magically disappears.

It is okay to post MSRP. We absolutely have to respect and NOT post MAP (Minimum Advertised Price), and my strong preference (to protect the dealers) is to also not post any final negotiated price. We have some flex with options and we can post their prices, but those may be bargaining chips for customer/dealer talks.

Have fun!

Ken...
Ken Baker
Site Admin

Return to G&L Basses