New Fullerton Deluxe SB-2

This is the main discussion and technical forum for G&L and Tribute by G&L basses. Please limit the discussion to G&L and Tribute by G&L. Simple questions regarding mods are okay, but really belong in the EBA or Paul's Technicalities.

Please; no links to other forums except as noted in the forum guidelines. Discussion of new instrument MSRP is okay, as is discussion of options pricing. However, there shall be no discussion of MAP or final negotiated pricing for new instruments. Used pricing is generally fair game.

No sales or advertisements, no matter how well veiled, are permitted - not even a pointer elsewhere.

New Fullerton Deluxe SB-2

Postby Ken Baker » Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:56 pm

Fullerton Deluxe SB-2.

Linkage for more info. Note that this Fullerton Deluxe SB-2 is configured VVT (SB-2T) and is distinct from the Build To Order SB-2 which is VV.

HOLD ON JUST A DAMNED MINUTE! It appears that there is some talk:

Somebody at G&L wrote:The SB-2, both BTO and FD, are volume volume tone. If a customer wants volume volume still then that is for custom shop. Tribute for now is VV as we are still using an older price list and have not worked with cort on making a new SB2. Most likely that will change later this year, but for now that remains.

Ken...
Ken Baker
Site Admin

Re: New Fullerton Deluxe SB-2

Postby jglunt2112 » Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:28 am

There is obviously a prominent defect with this bass (which apparently has been corrected in the Build to Order series). This has a tone control! It's like the new SB-2 has grown a second head and we're calling that good! What is it with us bass players and our tone controls? It seems we play with those more than we play with...well...moving along now... Do the tone controls on our amps not work? Part of my pride in owning an SB-2 was that there is no tone control on it. Thank God this tone-control-virus has not reached the Tribute series yet! We need to put masks on these new FD SB-2s and quarantine them! Here's my '07 SB-2, which I believe personifies how a real SB-2 should be. Both pickups are wired to a single volume control which is also a push/pull switch that allows me to play the pickups in either series or parallel. Y'all know that I'm just being facetious. This is simply an opportunity for me to show off my SB-2. I do love mine configured like it is. Love yours however you have it configured! SB-2s are wonderful basses.)
SB-2 New PG 11-11-23-1 small.jpg
SB-2 New PG 11-11-23-1 small.jpg (38.04 KiB) Viewed 294 times

SB-2 New PG 11-11-23-2 small.jpg
SB-2 New PG 11-11-23-2 small.jpg (42.76 KiB) Viewed 294 times
jglunt2112

Re: New Fullerton Deluxe SB-2

Postby Ken Baker » Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:59 pm

And that's what I get for believing a website.
Ken Baker
Site Admin

Return to G&L Basses