No more Fullerton Deluxe SB-2??

This is the main discussion and technical forum for G&L and Tribute by G&L basses. Please limit the discussion to G&L and Tribute by G&L. Simple questions regarding mods are okay, but really belong in the EBA or Paul's Technicalities.

Please; no links to other forums except as noted in the forum guidelines. Discussion of new instrument MSRP is okay, as is discussion of options pricing. However, there shall be no discussion of MAP or final negotiated pricing for new instruments. Used pricing is generally fair game.

No sales or advertisements, no matter how well veiled, are permitted - not even a pointer elsewhere.

No more Fullerton Deluxe SB-2??

Postby jglunt2112 » Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:38 am

Is the SB-2 now BTO only? I was perusing the G&L website, and the SB-2 is no longer listed as a Fullerton Deluxe. However, it is on the BTO page. When did this happen? (In other words, when did I sleep through this?)
jglunt2112

Re: No more Fullerton Deluxe SB-2??

Postby Ken Baker » Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:46 pm

There should be an updated website "coming soon". Check then.

Remember that the Fullerton Deluxe basses are really just BTO basses Built To G&L's Order.

Ken...
Ken Baker
Site Admin

Re: No more Fullerton Deluxe SB-2??

Postby jglunt2112 » Wed Dec 13, 2023 9:40 am

Remember that the Fullerton Deluxe basses are really just BTO basses Built To G&L's Order.

That's an excellent way of putting it. On some of the Fullerton Deluxe models, there is only one color and pickguard combo available. If I remember correctly (and the last time that happened was during the Carter administration), the only Fullerton Deluxe Kiloton this year was a metallic tangerine with a tort pickguard. It was unusual-looking, but kinda nice. But there are more colors available for Tributes. It seems sort of obvious that G&L Fullerton just doesn't have their heart in producing basses to hang in stores. The BTO and Custom Shop seem to be their real passions, but the Fullerton Deluxe series might reach an economic range that BTO and Custom Shop can't and also serve as good advertisements for what G&L is capable of. Considering that I run into players all the time who still don't know what G&L is, that advertising seems important, unless they're as busy as they ever care to be.
jglunt2112

Return to G&L Basses