G&L L-2000 intonation screws too short

This is the main discussion and technical forum for G&L and Tribute by G&L basses. Please limit the discussion to G&L and Tribute by G&L. Simple questions regarding mods are okay, but really belong in the EBA or Paul's Technicalities.

Please; no links to other forums except as noted in the forum guidelines. Discussion of new instrument MSRP is okay, as is discussion of options pricing. However, there shall be no discussion of MAP or final negotiated pricing for new instruments. Used pricing is generally fair game.

No sales or advertisements, no matter how well veiled, are permitted - not even a pointer elsewhere.

G&L L-2000 intonation screws too short

Postby mcontour » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:55 am

Just received my latest G&L bass…. This time a made to order L-2000.

For the second bass in a row the intonation screws on a new G&L bass are too short.

I swapped the stock strings for my preferred Ernie Ball Cobalt flats, 45-105. After setting the neck relief and saddle height, I moved on to intonation. The problem is that 3 of the four saddle screws (and springs) are too short to get the saddles far enough forward. After a trip to Ace Hardware, I was able to get the intonation dialed in, but the screws require a different tool to adjust.

I’m not really looking for advice, but just venting. Why does the bass come with such short screws?

Michael
mcontour

Re: G&L L-2000 intonation screws too short

Postby Ken Baker » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:33 pm

Odd.

Take a look here.

Ken...
Ken Baker
Site Admin

Re: G&L L-2000 intonation screws too short

Postby ArtisanLuthiers » Fri Nov 17, 2023 12:11 pm

For at least the L2500 (assume others too) the saddle intonation screws are M4 .7 x 30 Phillips drive Fillister head machine screws. More specifically, the .7 is the thread pitch and the 30 is for the 30mm length. As a reference (Nov 2023), Home Depot sells a 10 pack online for $10.
ArtisanLuthiers

Return to G&L Basses